Get In Touch
Basic Pool Care Routine
Owning a pool can be a lot of fun, but it also requires some work to keep it clean and safe. The Poolife® Pool Care Guide (<-- Download Your Free Guide Here) can help you achieve that brilliant water quality that makes your pool a joy to swim in.
Here are some of the key tips from the guide:
- Run the filter pump at least 8-12 hours per day. This will help to remove dirt, debris, and bacteria from the water.
- Backwash the filter regularly according to the manufacturer's instructions. This will help to keep the filter clean and working properly.
- Clean out the skimmer and pump strainer basket as needed. This will help to prevent debris from clogging the filter.
- Chemically clean your filter at least twice a season with a Poolife Filter Cleaner. This will help to remove any built-up dirt or grime.
- Skim the surface of the pool daily and brush the walls and bottom regularly. This will help to remove leaves, debris, and algae.
- Vacuum the pool as needed. This is especially important if you have a lot of trees or shrubs around your pool.
- Test your pool water regularly using Poolife 6-Way Test Strips or an bring a water sample in to our Retail Location for a free, comprehensive water test. This will help you to identify and correct any problems early on.
By following these tips, you can keep your pool clean and sparkling all season long.