Get In Touch
How To Combat Cloudy Water!
Problem: Cloudy Water
There are many causes of cloudy water, the most common being incorrect pH, incorrect TA and improper filtration. Always check and adjust the pH and TA levels before adjusting your filtration system. Thereafter follow these steps to investigate your filtration system:
- Step 1. Make sure that the filtration system is running smoothly and that it is running at least 8-12 continuous hours daily.
- Step 2. Does the filter need to be backwashed?
- Step 3. If the filter pressure does not return to normal starting pressure after backwashing, the filter needs to be chemically cleaned.
- Step 4. Have the pump strainer baskets and the skimmer baskets been emptied?
- Step 5. Also test your water to make sure that the pH and total alkalinity are within the ideal range.
- Step 6. Shock the pool with Poolife TurboShock shock treatment or Poolife Rapid Shock shock treatment. Remember to wait until the chlorine level drops to between 1-4 ppm before re-entering the pool.
NOTE: Poolife TurboBlu Clarifier, Poolife Flocculant and Poolife Gold Medal Clarifier can also be used to clear cloudy water. Your authorized Poolife dealer can recommend which products are best for use in your pool.